Tuesday, March 28, 2023

Adventure 855: Day 78/Tucson/2023

We got the Franz's safely to the airport this morning, and by now, they're likely tucked into bed and Kara and Troy's house in Wichita. Despite our maladies, we had a good week, much as we always do when we get together. I'm not sure how many adult siblings spend time together like Judy and Karen do. I know in my own family it's rare. I also know that it's gratifying, and we feel lucky to spend time together. As for other realities, our time is winding down here in Tucson. I resisted the urge to begin packing things up, choosing instead to enjoy the day. I especially enjoyed stretching this month's lead in cribbage. We didn't play last week, opting instead to play Hollywood Gin. Right now, I'm $.92 ahead of the Cager with two days to go. I know how fickle the finger of fate is, so I won't count my pastries just yet. Instead, I'll rejoice in the fact that life is good, especially today.

I walk 1.5 miles to my Tai Chi class, usually on this street. The sun is setting on the experience, which is bitter sweet.
My route also takes me by this guy who despite a lack of apparent water, still manages to produce a plethora of arms.


It was nice to sip a cold one on the patio today. 83 degrees feels pretty good, especially in the shade.


Maybe Mimi will have better luck when we get home and she gets some help.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment