Saturday, March 18, 2023

Adventure 845: Day 68/Tucson/2023

Starve a fever, feed a cold, or so the old wives say, so Judy and i decided to treat ourselves to a pretty satisfying dinner at a busy little bistro called Tito and Pep. We started with fresh sashimi yellow fin tuna dressed with sliced watermelon radish, sliced onions in a light citrus sauce. Judy ordered Sea of Cortez shrimp; I chose the New York strip. We had a light orange cake for dessert. Our reservation was for 5:30, and for awhile we enjoyed an atmosphere that lent itself to pleasant conversation where we expressed gratitude for our good fortune, made plans for our new adventure, and reminisced over our 33 years together. By the time we finished, the place had filled with eager diners and the place became noisy. It was nice noise and really the only negative I can find about the place. The service was crisp and genteel. The food was delicious and attractive. We considered the evening a joyous success, and it was like putting fresh whip cream on cake in terms of our stay here this winter. We didn't know how we'd like it compared to traveling in Frac, which we thoroughly enjoyed. I must say we've found Tucson a nice place to call a second home. My cold still lingers, but fortunately the hacking didn't return until we got home. All in all, it was a nice venture out and confirmed our belief that life is good, especially today.

Yellow Fin sashimi was quite dreamy.


My Bunny treated herself to a Catalina Sunrise.

The restaurant decor is airy, full of living plants, and seats about fifty. Worth a visit.


I had a hack attack while the class was doing the form, so I decided to snap a quick pic.


Judy's Sea of Cortez shrimp were quite delicious, as was my steak.


We shared a slice of orange cake stashed with cherry sauce and fresh whip cream.


As some say, "I may not be good looking, but I'm looking good."
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment