Thursday, March 2, 2023

Adventure 829: Day 52/Tucson/2023

I thought I had transported myself back to Spokane when I woke up to a blanket of snow this morning. The cacti were topped with snow cones; the eaves were dripping like the spillway at Grand Coulee Dam, and it was 34 degrees. Yikes! Unlike Spokane, the snow was a damp memory by the time I met Sifu Misner for my Tai Chi lesson at eleven. It had warmed to 42 degrees and the sun made it feel warmer. Amazing! I hope some warm weather will follow this moisture so maybe we'll catch the desert flower bloom. Likely we'll miss it, but hope springs eternal. We were so elated by the afternoon sun, we decided to try an East side Mexican restaurant called El Sur. The place, filled with everyday folk, welcomed us. The wait staff was efficient and the food was delicious. We took the long way home, stopping at Frost's for gelato, and tucked Herbie Joe (our car) into the garage safe and sound. It was a good date, and good dates make life good, especially today.


Patio Buddha seems unperturbed.


No frills. Just good home cooking.


Snow cones.

The majestic Catalina Mountains dropped with a rare coat of snow.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment