Monday, March 20, 2023

Adventure 847: Day 70/Tucson/2023

Seventy days. Whew! I've never really chronicled daily life except when we were traveling. Judy and I were talking this morning about how we've liked this "stationary" adventure versus roaming around. We've come to the conclusion that it's been good. Judy has formed a relationship with her trainer, Rob. She's getting stronger and looking every bit the fabulously fit Mimi she is. We've enjoyed our visitors, our kids, our friends, the Kral's. Getting to know Tucson a little bit has been fulfilling. As for me, I've found a welcoming group of Tai Chi practitioners led by Sifu Jordan Misner, who not only is highly skilled in the art, but he's also filled to the brim with generosity. My hope is that this is the beginning of a long relationship. As for other realities, Judy has now come down with the crud, and my affliction lingers. I can be heard mumbling, "I've enjoyed about as much of this as I can stand." That's where reality smacks. Like it says in the book of James...paraphrased... take whatever comes and rejoice in it. Right now that means another sleepless night of hacking and wheezing. Still, life is good, especially today.

Old Tucson charm.


Embrace the day and be glad of it.


We do miss Luckenbach, Texas. We cannot lie.


Tucson art: Ye Haw!
Obligatory cactus photo: Surreal Noir.


Sifu Misner with senior student, Russ.



Come on down, we have masks.

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment