Thursday, March 9, 2023

Adventure 835: Day 58/Tucson/2023

Not too much in the way of physical adventures to report. Judy worked out, went to lunch with her buddy, Ginny Kral, and spent some hours trying to figure out her recent knitting challenge. I went to TaiChi, got a cranial massage, and walked the neighborhood for six or so miles. Our real adventure came at night when we decided to go to Southside Presbyterian for a Lenten discussion session. We decided to practice reaching out in new settings, which not only will make our move more real, but it will also help us connect more with the people at this church since it will become our adopted space when we're down here. It was a typical experience, including what I call "blowing off the foam". Since we didn't know the people, the Lent questions really didn't get addressed. We spent most of the time letting the others know a little bit about us (foam). One lady, Kim, a deeply involved church member, suffered a little performance anxiety so she tried to get us to talk about the questions. It reminded me so much of school that maybe that's why I'm writing this at 4 A.M. after waking up from a school dream. I usually associated school dreams with nightmares, but in this one I met with some of my favorite people. I still had the same frustration of not enough time to solve anything, or move forward in any meaningful way, but as a "former" successful teacher, I did offer some perspective that I thought helped. That's when I woke up because that most certainly is wishful thinking. The dream could have surfaced because we filled out some paper work concerning the selling of our house. That "cliff jump" is becoming more real by the day. Anyhoo, the reality of my subconscious notwithstanding, life is good, especially today.


The night sky from the Southside Presbyterian courtyard.


Accidental photo, which makes me wonder how much of life is mere happenstance.


I'll have to contemplate by snitching a sip of Judy's a mocha latte. Should be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment