Tuesday, March 14, 2023

Adventure 841: Day 64/Tucson/2023

This morning while soaking in the hot tub with my Bunny, I found myself thinking about the last line in the short story, "Open Window" by Saki, which is "Romance at short notice was her specialty." The story drips of irony, but I've always found it more pernicious than that because I find it cruel for people to take advantage of others just because they can. I dislike bullies especially bullies who escape accountability, and I especially dislike those people who malign others either for sport or for personal gain. I suppose that's the main reason I dislike our former President. It's bad enough that under his influence that last vestige of the rule of law hangs tattered like a fallen battle flag. It's worse that he has no compunction about "throwing people under the bus" as it were. But his self righteous indignation and plaintive whining about being victimized revolts me the most. His latest salvo, blaming Mike Pence for January 6 is prime: "If only Mike would  have turned the votes back to the Congress, January 6 wouldn't have happened." My word! Let's check the veracity (Vera is the character who made up the whoppers that petrified poor Mr. Nuttle in the  Open Window) of that. First, the Vice President had no such power to return the votes. Second, the audacity of the former President to suggest...if Mike had only done what he was told...everything would have been fine. Seriously! I think I've enjoyed about as much of these shenanigans as I can stand. Anyway, I've had my little rant, and sorry I am that traveled this way. On the lighter side, I've managed to wrestle the lead away from the Wiley Cager in this month's cribbage battle. I'm thoroughly enjoying the instruction and the people instructing me in the art of Tai Chi. They are genuinely giving, infinitely patient, and so welcoming that I've concluded that there are decent humans living on the planet. The experience has energized my mind, focused my intention, and raised my spirits. And except for brief moments when the insanity of the power mongrels howl at my consciousness, I find that life is good, especially today.


In the best case, we protect each other.



Maybe we should search for a fearless leader.


We just need a stand up guy.


Somewhere out there....


We're in this together.


Wave if you like my slant.



 In God we trust.

No comments:

Post a Comment