Thursday, March 9, 2023

Adventure 836: Day 59/Tucson/2023

The form inspires wonder and the motion has something to say. 

For the last 58 days I've been spending five days a week intensely studying Tai Chi. I'm pretty sure I'm hooked. While it feels like I know almost nothing, it's not like I've just started. I've been studying for the past twenty years with my teacher, Sifu Kelly Stewart, in Spokane. His tutelage  is directly responsible for any enlightenment I might experience here in Tucson. I must say I've been fortunate. My belief for a long while has been, "When the student is ready, the teacher will appear." In truth, I don't know if I'm ready, but Sifu Jordan Misner has welcomed me into his group, and he's introduced me to several of his senior students. It's been a pure joy to try to understand what they're teaching me. And more than joy, it's energized me in a positive way, so much so that I've "almost" stop reading/worrying/outraging/bellowing/etc. at the insanities of the world around me. Instead, I'm putting my energies into yielding and stillness. Frankly, I've got a long way to go before the tension inside me relaxes, but the journey alone is worthy. Judy, too, has been putting time into herself. She's working with her newfound trainer, Rob, three times a week. Pretty soon she'll add another moniker on her sleeve. She's already a hiker babe, a biker babe, a baker babe, Hunny Bunny, and  Mimi. Pretty soon she'll run out of room on her sleeve. Not only that, she's currently spanking me in this month's cribbage score. I'm down $1.34 at this moment, a trend I'm not enjoying as much as you'd think. Nevertheless, I live by the idea that whatever Dame Fortune decides to dish out, life is still good, especially today.

While I miss our hot tub at home, I don't miss the current view of the Zen garden.


Selfie of the day: We've become regulars at El Nene's.

I always take my burrito babe with me.


Obligatory cactus picture.


Sifu Misner giving instruction on the Tai Chi staff.

No comments:

Post a Comment