Tuesday, January 31, 2023

Adventure 799/Day 22/Tucson/2023

Big day for the Falc's. He got to walk in the desert for the first time. We expected him to last a half mile or so, but he went almost two before he started to tire. Not bad for a three year old. Afterward, we played trucks, "get me", catch the ball, write the names, and color the dinosaur. I went to Tai Chi class in the afternoon, and we enjoyed Hooley bean soup with ham for dinner. By the way, the month ended with me ahead $1.47. Zero-zero tomorrow. On our hike, even though we've been to the Sweetwater Preserve several times, I noticed that the Saguaros have plumped up after the rain. I found out they do that to preserve water for the heat of the summer. It's a good lesson for us humans. Today was the deadline for the seven Southwestern states to come up with a water usage plan. It passed without fanfare or a solution. The main comment seemed to be, "We're already conserving as much as we can, it should be the other states that cut their usage." Stay tuned for what the Federal government decides to do with this conundrum. I hope the government learns from the native plants because they make me appreciate the majesty of creation, and helped me know that life is good, especially today.


Leticia hugging a grandfather saguaro.



Art shot of the day: An air planter I made from heart shaped rocks I found in the desert.


Falcon on the trail.

He ran a little bit until the desert taught him how much falling hurts. An expected lesson learned.



Every saguaro is unique; I wonder if they have family names.



There was a lizard up there scampering around.



"Can you play with me, Pop Pops?"



The cacti have swollen noticeably since we were here last week. Conservation is a wise tactic.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment