Thursday, January 26, 2023

Adventure 794: Day 17/Tucson/2023

In addition to another just brilliant blue sky, the temperature rose by five degrees (68): shirt sleeve weather for us Northern types. The locals are still complaining about how "real" the frigid mornings are, but by the time I met with Sifu Misner for my Tai Chi lesson, I was wearing my normal uniform: shorts and a Gonzaga sweatshirt. On the healing front, Judy's back is a bit better. Her trainer, Rob, put her through a little rehab instead of a workout. That seemed to help. I also managed to extend my cribbage lead to $1.27 despite the fact that the Wiley Cager hand two plus twenty point hands. I just keep plugging away with my consistent eight to ten points with an occasional dozen thrown in. Five days to go until this month's payoff. Still plenty of time for a reversal of fate. It's hard to believe that we've been here seventeen days. We both commented on how comfortable we feel in this home, and I must admit it's even better than Frac. We're looking forward to next week when Leticia and Falcon come down. They'll spend a week with us, which will give Mimi and Pop Pops a nice grandchild fix. In other news, I've lined up a meeting time with Sifu Misner's senior student, Jason. He's a strong man, built exactly like Sifu Stuart, my teacher at home. A mountain of a man, he weighs at least  300 pounds. It will be fun to have another view point as well as a practice partner. Finally, tonight's a late night because I'm staying up to watch Arizona play Washington State. Besides being loyal Zag fans, we've adopted the Arizona Wildcats, too. You know what they say: "When in Rome...." Anyway, it's easy to root for their coach, Tommy Lloyd, a former Zag. Hopefully, they can redeem themselves after their earlier loss to WSU. Either way, it won't really change the fact that life is good, especially today.

Miss Kitty took the day off. I walked today instead.
Art shot of the day: Dream Weaver.
We're hoping to be here long enough to see the desert bloom.
It would be awesome to have blooms bring color to these Saguaros.
Today's sky.
Can't wait to see my little buddy, Falc.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment