Tuesday, January 24, 2023

Adventure 792: Day 15/Tucson/2023

Pretty good day in the desert, though the locals were whining that the temperature only got up to the mid fifties. Even at that, there wasn't a wisp of a cloud to be seen in the sky, and the evening glow on the Catalina Mountains turned so purple, they were best viewed behind sunglasses. Judy and I managed a good stretch of the legs (five miles), despite a little stiffness in Judy's back. We did a little hot tubbing treatment after the walk. I'm still managing a small lead of $.48 cents in cribbage, so that's good for one of us, and I had an excellent day in my Tai Chi studies. But it's an emotional day because it's my first wife's (Anne) birthday. She would have been seventy-two. Like I told my favorite daughter, her mother would have been stunning. I picked her partly because I thought she would mature well. She had a lithe body, a fetching smile, and a lock of her jet black hair fell partly across her eyes (My favorite; the sight of her always made me tingle). My guess is her hair would be short, just above the neck, and the jet black would be laced with attractive silver streaks. It's a little known fact, but Anne (In fits of anger) could spew curses any pirate would admire. But what I really admired about her was her ability to wake up each day with a smile.  As parents, we hope to raise capable, honest, and loving children. Anne would be proud of hers. I know I am. When I told Judy what I thought Anne would look like now, she quipped, "And the second time around you're stuck with someone whose sagging in all the wrong places." Maybe so, but I'm not complaining. Judy can take real credit for helping our kids become capable adults and she makes life good, especially today.

Sifu Jordan Misner addressing his Tai Chi class.
Art shot of the day: Nature's Splendor.
Post walk hot tub: AHHHHHH!
My Bunny hiking, sore back and all.
You know how the ducks do it: Remain unruffled. Paddle when necessary.
It's been our tradition to visit Anne on her birthday. Most years, we would visit the grave site, scrape off the snow and ice, and then go to lunch. Today, Steve represented us.

This beautiful woman (My favorite daughter) treated herself to a Happy Birthday lunch today.


My view from the back of Tai Chi class. The Catalinas are pretty awesome.


No comments:

Post a Comment