Friday, January 13, 2023

Adventure 781: Day 4/Tucson, 2023

The first joy I experience every day is the comfort, safety, and love of snuggling with my Bunny. It happens just about 4 A.M. I roll over, snake my left arm under the silk of Judy's pillow, spoon myself into her, wedge my right leg between hers, and flop my right arm around her waist. Usually I give her boob a little squeeze, and we exist there for a while. It feels good. Most times we sleep for fifteen minutes or so. Then I switch to my back, and Judy nestles her head in to crook of my neck. We lay that way motionless, infinitely comfortable. We doze another few minutes, and then I realize she's gone. Usually, it's close to 5 A.M.  After she leaves I spread myself to my full extent basking in the gift of personal space. Just before seven, I rise to the joyful bliss of the hot tub. Judy usually joins me. It is there we talk about the day, and after she leaves, I reflect. This morning, we planned our hike while enjoying the moon disappearing into the morning light.. After the hot tub, it was back for breakfast and our daily crib game, which by definition can't be joyful for both of us. One of us has to lose. Today, I'm the joyful winner of $.31 cents lessening my debt to the Cager who is still ahead by a buck thirty. No one knows who the fates will favor tomorrow? We'll see. Around ten, we drove to Sabino Canyon for a two hour romp through the cacti. Beyond joy. Pure bliss. Warm air, old beings, huge, unforgiving, majestic peaks. I really enjoy walking in the desert, more so than hiking in the woods. I think it's because of the sky. To me the sky is full of possibilities where I, as the mere human, am free to perceive that life is good, especially today.



My morning devotions and reflections have occurred in the hot tub just before dawn for almost 35 years now. One drop at a time.

Selfie of the day: Morning hot tub.

I've been to Sabino Canyon a half dozen times now. I've walked bit of the bottom, but If a person wants to really experience the canyon, he/she/them must go up to where it's blue.
This little buck seemed unconcerned.

Quite a lot of water has flowed over Lower Sabino Dam. Maybe it's a metaphor?
Art shot of the day: Diversity, good.

In the morning, I've adopted this joyful space for practicing the 'form'. Right now my feet are propped up. I'm breathing, thinking, typing, looking, and just enjoying.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment