Monday, January 30, 2023

Adventure 798: Day 21/Tucson/2023

Excitement abounded today. Leticia and Falcon arrived a little after one this afternoon. It was Falc's first airplane ride. He was a lucky boy who got to go into the cockpit with the pilots. Wow! On the ground he babbled on about wanting to see cactus, and let me tell you, we saw some! Falc and TC were hungry from their early start so we beelined it to the Nene food truck for lunch. Once satisfied, we made it to the house, unpacked, and settled in for a bit. Then we walked over to the Kral's where Ginny had laid out some "kid" stuff: sidewalk chalk, crayons, books, and puzzles. We had saved a truck from Christmas for Falc to play with down here, so he and I played trucks for a while, Then we raced the cars. Then we played smash the cars (Boy behavior). Then we played "get me' until I was dizzy from chasing him around the living room. Then we put most of a puzzle together. Then we put chalk marks on the patio. Then we played with the soccer ball. Then we played with magnets, which means everything I build, Falc squashes immediately. By then Pop Pops had enjoyed about as much playing as he could stand. Meanwhile, Mimi and Leticia chattered like squirrels as they fixed dinner as well as a pot of refried beans for the week.   I'm pretty sure the next few days will bring much the same fun as today. And I'm certain I'll hear: "Pop Pops, will you play with me?" To which I reply, "Sure, what are we going to do?" Frankly, it's pretty hard to get much better company than a love filled three year old. Experiencing this little guy and his mother makes life pretty good, especially today.

Falc all decked out ready for the desert.
Art shot of the day: Part of Ginny's junglelarium.

We pushed the big truck back and forth a little.



Mother/Daughter. I think their names are Alvin and Theodore..



Falc and Mimi on the way to the Kral's.



Pretty cool tow truck and race cars we got from Pete and Carol O'Brien this Christmas. We saved it for the Falc when he came down.


Falc checking out the cactus in the back yard.



A full day for Pop Pops.

No comments:

Post a Comment