Saturday, January 28, 2023

Adventure 796: Day 19/Tucson/2023

Travesty, Oh, travesty...or maybe just another first world problem: the hot tub was cold this morning. Something must be amiss with the heating element. So, Judy and I trudged back to the house whimpering about how usually our bodies are warmed by the water. Boo Hoo. And to add insult to injury, the Wiley Cager has whittled my lead down to $.63 cents with three days to play, which begs the question: Who will pay for the Sonoran Hotdog this month? Time will tell. In other news I spent most of the day at a clinic run my Sifu Jordan Misner on the art of the Tai Chi short staff. My mind is bubbling like mud from a backed up drain. Overwhelmed I might say, but it was fun trying to get my mind and body around a barrage of thrusts, hits, jabs, twists, steps, and whacks. I'm not sure how much I'll pick up wile we're down here this winter, but I'll repeat: "When in Rome...? In the afternoon, David Kral invited me over to watch the Arizona basketball game. He has a seventy-two inch TV, which I must admit enhances the watching experience. Later, Judy and I watched the Zags on her I-pad (Our only device to allow it). They played a hard fought game, but came out victorious largely do to Julian Strawther's career high 40 pts. In all, it was another full day for which we are thankful that life is good.


At class today, Sifu Jordan set up an air mattress so the class could practice "bouncing".


Here Sifu is demonstrating that the power comes without force. He had each of us newbies place our hand between him and the guy to be bounced. He would then bounce the guy backward, without the person feeling anything in his hand. Might not have believed it if I hadn't 'not felt' it myself.


Cactus shot of the day on the Kral's front walk.

The neighborhood.

Me and my Sweetie Pie watching the Zags beside the flicker of the fireplace.

Selfie of the day: Go Zags! We're with you all the way.



No comments:

Post a Comment