Tuesday, January 17, 2023

Adventure 785: Day 8/Tucson/2023

It poured buckets again last night, and the wind muscled in like a bouncer through a crowd. By seven, the rain let up and Judy and I scooted to the hot tub. It was fairly chilly and the flip flap of our sandals matched nicely the chatter of our teeth. The soothing warmth of the tub welcomed us and instantly we were able to peruse the ominous sky, which looked like an old Hollywood Noir movie. The wind streaked through the gray tones like a wolf on the prowl. The rain re-started shortly after we returned from our soak. By then Judy had fixed us two delightful servings of huevos rancheros for breakfast and she promptly beat me in our morning game. My record is  5-13 so far this month, which accounts for my two dollar and five cent indebtedness as well. It's the cards they say, but I'd welcome a change in fortune. After breakfast, we hoofed it down to the river to see the water. Incredible. So much so quickly. It's easy to see the danger when it's present, but a little harder to anticipate. It's a chilling reminder of how tenuous life is. I counted the blessing of this moment, and we walked back home. It was a little over three miles. No ankles issues yet, and a good start to our walking.  For lunch, we enjoyed the company of the Kral's. We served Tim Chee Soup over rice with sliced apples. Afterward, Judy knitted while I fidgeted. By then it was 3:00 and time for popcorn. At 4;30 I went to the Tuesday night Tai Chi at the park. It was a great dynamic. There were five students. Three were senior students of Jordan. One was brand new to the form, and there was me. We did a Chi Kung set, a little bit of the Tucson form (I got lost at the repulse monkey), and then some push hands work. I got to work with Jason, who is Jordan's most senior student. He's fortyish, built like a huge, solid oak barrel. He reminded me of my teacher, not only in body type and strength, but also in demeanor. I liked him immediately. He could take my balance at will, while i could offer no resistance to him. It was perfect. Despite the weather being brisk, the evening added to my notion that life is good, especially today.

Afternoon popcorn and some knittin'.
The owner of this home, Amy, is a yoga instructor. Her home is filled with Buddha like figures. Here's the guy on the patio.
Incredible water flow.
And it's not just water, but also debris of all types.
Good advice.


We talked to a local who said the water was up to this bridge in 1984.
Art shot of the day: azure gecko

No comments:

Post a Comment