Friday, January 27, 2023

Adventure 795: Day 18/Tucson/2023

Those of you old enough to remember the early video games, the ones in the full sized consoles as big as pinball machines, will remember Asteroids. It was spaceship against the universe. A small triangular shaped ship centered in the middle of a dark screen, star like. Then, on the black screen would be white angular shaped asteroids all different sizes coming straight at the ship. The ship could turn three hundred sixty degrees and could shoot a laser stream that would explode the asteroids. The idea was survival. How long could the tiny space ship last against the ravages of the universe. i felt like that space ship today. The Wiley Cager pummeled me with her good fortune. I narrowly escaped two skunks, and finished the day barely solvent with a mere $.80 cents to my name. So it goes. After breakfast, Judy worked out with Rob, I practiced my forms. I do a series of things, but I always do the form my Sifu at home taught me. I'm also learning the form they do down here. Hence, practicing forms: plural. After lunch we drove to the Sweetwater Preserve and hiked for a couple of hours in the desert. It was sublime. The preserve is a haven for venerable Saguaros, some quite elderly and majestic. Frankly, I just can't get enough of walking among the cacti. Around five we picked up our friends, the Kral's, from the airport. They were fresh off a week long cruise to Mexico. I don't think cruising on a large ship with thousands of my newest friends would be for me, but they said they loved it. In fact, they signed up for another in the near future. After we dropped the Kral's at their doorstep, we  had dinner out at Sushi on Oracle, which was quite good. We finished the night (Well, I did. Judy fell asleep). watching a Netflix movie called Sing Street, a very heart warming story about dreams, love, and risk. It's what makes life good, especially today.


This guy looks like some alien: "Take me to your leader."

Judy really likes the "fuzz'.

The Sweetwater Preserve is not only for hiking and biking, it's also part of Tucson's water reclamation project. The city reintroduces treated water back into the aquifer via the preserve. It's just one of the ways Tucson is solving it's water issues.



A little water helps kick start an early bloom.



This little guy is a fish hook barrel cactus: cute, but very clingy.



I can't even imagine what this old fella has seen.



Selfie of the day: Which way do we go?

Udon noodles with chicken and veggies in sweet sauce.

California rainbow roll.

No comments:

Post a Comment