Monday, February 14, 2022

Adventure 708: Sentinel Peak RV Park/Post E

One hundred ten years ago today president Taft signed Arizona into statehood. Not a bad thing in terms of unity since Arizona was the last state in the coterminous United States to be admitted. And if unity is love, what better day to express the thought? Maybe we should consider what unites us? For those of us in the Catholic tradition the ultimate expression of love is encompassed in the five sorrowful mysteries as expressed when we pray the rosary. They are: The agony of Jesus in the Garden of Gethsemane; the scourging of Jesus at the pillar; the crowning of Jesus with thorns; the carrying of the cross; and finally, the crucifixion and death of Jesus. Jesus prayed in the garden to his Father asking if there was any other way to save mankind. Accepting the answer, he endured his death so we don't have to. I bring this up because by accident, or fate, or the hope of love we came across Tucson's Garden of Gethsemane on our way home from our urban walk. It's a small, well done sculpture garden that fills its space with peace. Since love is the theme of the day, I thought it fitting to consider some truly important things. One of those is nurturing your honey. We did that today. I gave Judy a traditional flower bouquet; she fixed me some exotic oatmeal. We shared a lunch at our favorite restaurant in Tucson (The Little One Cafe). We held hands as we strolled the campus, and as usual we realized that life is good, especially today.

Me and my Bunny.
This house, built in 1908, is one of string we walked past today.
Jesus loves you.
Create in me a clean heart.
Take your sweetie for a ride.
Appreciate art.
How do I love thee, let me count the ways.

Lock onto your lover.

Another of the lovingly preserved homes built i 1908.
They called this the Surprise Plate: Creamy chowder, chicken mole; chile verde; frijoles; and corn tortillas.
There are many more of these homes in the downtown core.
 
Jesus said, "I am the bread that came down from heaven. Whoever eats this bread will live forever. This bread is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world."

No comments:

Post a Comment