Tuesday, February 1, 2022

Adventure 695: Catalina State Park Revisited/Post C

I entered today with what the Zen Buddhists call a "beginner's mind", which means I tried to dispense with all preconceptions and tried to enter each situation I met today as if seeing it for the first. time. In addition, I'm tryin to cultivate a "beginner's heart" which means I'm trying to approach every encounter with a freshly invoked wave of love that is as pure as if I'm feeling it for the first time. So I woke up refreshed, ready to experience the day. First on the agenda was an oil change appointment for Fric. Judy and I left the trailer at O dark thirty. Our attending serviceman, Erick, was a pure joy. He even said he would stop complaining about the cold when I told him that back home they expected temperatures down to 13. Precision Toyota, a very efficient place, had us out of there an hour before Erick's prediction. So all was good. We came home where I made a vegetable scramble that literally is different every time. Yummy. And of course, I love the joy on the Cager's face when she went ahead $.04 in the February cribbage challenge. It's feels warm to see her smile. After breakfast, we hiked the Bridle Trail under warm (for us), but cloudy skies. We saw birds and just enjoyed the sound of the sand crunching under our feet. We merged with the Canyon Loop Trail, which we've hiked before. Today it was as fresh as and the panorama of the Catalina Mountains lifted our eyes and our hearts. We were encouraged to see that the fire two years ago has given way to rebirth in terms of the plants and grasses. After the hike, we did the form. I gave Judy a little instruction on the kicking series. She borrowed a rake from the campground hosts, and she finished the afternoon with a little rake therapy. A truly Zen moment. Our campsite has never looked better. The point is, we enjoyed the simple things today that make life good, especially today.

The Canyon Loop Trail follows a wash up toward the mountains. Amazingly, water flowed today.
Later this week we'll take this trail for our longest hike yet: 7.5 miles.
I still can't get enough of these saguaros. They're simply majestic.
She's well balanced that one.
Notice the new life bursting from these charred fellows. Nature shows us how to be resilient.
Not only is she well balanced, but the girl has hops!


The trail beckons: Come on down.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment