Monday, March 21, 2022

Adventure 739: Paducah RV Park

What's a four hundred mile side trip traversing the quaint little burg, Atlanta, to see relatives. Nothing for road warriors like us, so we spent a lovely Sunday afternoon and evening visiting Kirk, Shannon, Kali, Haley, Janna, Rich, and of course the dogs and lizard. We played cards, ate snacks, flew drones, watched owls, and enjoyed a fabulous steak and chicken dinner with Janna's potatoes on the side, and Shannon's famous strawberry salad. Cheese cake with whip cream for dessert.  We stayed the night at Shady Grove Campground, and luckily when we arrived late and didn't know the gate code, along came a nice lady who did. I walked up to like a young puppy and asked, "Do you know the gate code? She answered, "Yes, are you coming here." I said, "Yes". she didn't really give me the side eye when she told me the code, so I guess my charm won her over. Anyway, we got in. We left Georgia pretty early and made our way to Kentucky. Driving through Chattanooga was very busy, especially the interchange to Nashville. There's was an hour delay on I-25, so my navigator, Judy, took us around Nashville on the backroads. It's always better to see the area when you're off the freeway. More of the real flavor of an area comes to the fore. In all, our side trip through Atlanta was very much worth it. Tomorrow, we head for Missouri under the threat of heavy rain and local flooding. We'll push through and pray for traveling mercies. As for now, we're snuggled in to a pretty nice RV park in Paducah. It's filled with mostly full-time residents, but it's a quiet area far from the roar of the freeway. I do wish Mitch McConnell would take his hand out of my pocket and put some of his money into the Kentucky roads. I spent some time after we got here tightening screws, and refitting doors that had shaken loose on the highway. I'm not sure what the issue is, but every bridge is just off enough inches to cause a little hobby horse riding. Let me tell you, "The thrill is gone" on that experience." We can't complain, though. We're here safe, sound, and happy, so life is good, especially today.

Kirk at the grill: truly a master.
The drone took this photo.
This morning at Shady Grove Campground. We got back late and left early, so we didn't really get to explore. That's Lake Lanier in the background.
Dinner served soon.
Paducah RV. Another one night stand. I'm feeling a little like that guy in the song who warbles, "My baby's acting single while I'm sitting here drinking doubles."
Hoo?
Josilina, the lizard.
The Franz hacienda.
Future Georgia Bulldog and caretaker of Josilina, the lizard, Miss Haley.
Betrothed couple, Rich and Janna.
Kirk teaching Judy the art of the drone.
After dinner photo.
Soon to be a Georgia Bulldog graduate and already gainfully employed, Miss Kali.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment