Friday, March 25, 2022

Adventure 743: Manhattan, KS Reprise/Post A

We blew into Manhattan on a Kansas zephyr, arriving about two. While securing the trailer we discovered a drawer that had dislodged during the trip. Fixing it meant a trip to Home Depot for clamps and glue. I hear my buddy, Dave clearly saying, "A guy can never have enough clamps." He peeked over my shoulder as I repaired the drawer. It went smoothly. Karen welcomed us with a light lunch-"thin gruel" we call it, and we shook the road jitters off ourselves and relaxed. I always like coming to Rod and Karen's mostly because they make us feel so welcome, but also because Karen has a certain style. Over the years I've given her some art. She always makes it look its best. It's fun for me to see something I've done with the distance of , "Oh, yeah, I remember that one." Also, Karen has become my wire bending buddy. She's added the "Air Plant" holder concept, so we'll be looking for rocks this week. Anyway, now we're still watching basketball, though wounded emotionally. It makes me realize the fragility of life. In any case, there are those suffering abject despair and at the same time those for whom life is good, especially today.

The sisters relaxed by twinkling out some piano duet.
Frac at home at 2000 Thackery.
A watercolor I painted in 2005. I haven't painted in a while, so it's like a looking glass.
Rod and Karen had some unfortunate flooding that resulted in a remodel of the basement which turned out quite nicely.
CoCo
A bouquet of wooden flowers on a box with a lid. I made this three to five years ago. Karen's displays always flatter my work. 
Art shot of the day. Karen's fountain off the front door.
All hands on deck.
Karen's new paradigm for wire bending. The "air plant" holder. I found this heart rock in New Mexico. Looks marketable. 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment