Thursday, February 13, 2014

Adventure 131: Seattle, Washington/Northwest Interlude/Post B

It's hard to get closer than this.
The wily cager leads 1-zip in the Seattle Open. We played a game as we enjoyed breakfast at a nice little cafe called The Dish. Then we walked to the grocery store both to get our steps in and to stock up on a few supplies while we're here. We also arranged to rent a car, dropped off some dry cleaning, and baked cupcakes for Valentine's Day. Whew! This retired life is exhausting. The focus of the day was dinner with my siblings and a few of the children. We arranged the dinner so that Judy and Elizabeth could see Sandy's kids because they won't be able to make the memorial service. My sister Judy arranged a reservation at  Ye Old Spaghetti Factory in Tacoma. Spirits were light, despite the heavy hearts, and as befits their reputation, the Spaghetti Factory's food was excellent. Elizabeth and Judy drank a few glasses of wine, so I volunteered to be the designated driver. It's been a while since I drove a car with a manual transmission, but I left most of the gears in place. We made it safely back to Seattle and therefore, life is good, especially today.

 One of our favorite breakfast spots (The original is down on Leary Way).
 Rich coffee and fresh juice: Life is good.
Garden scramble and potatoes. (We shared, as usual).
 My sweet Valentines juicing it up.
 Two Judys.
 My sister Judy's youngest son (Masaki), a new American and a skilled young woodworker.
 Thomas (My sister Sandy's favorite and most handsome grandson). 
 Odessa, my sister Sandy's oldest daughter (Mother of Thomas).
 Odessa with Khalilah (Sandra's son Damon's daughter). Quite a beautiful pair, I'd say.
 A little better shot of Khalilah's pretty smile.
 Another radiant beauty, Taylor, Odessa's daughter.
 My brother Tom (No, we're not twins but there are unmistakable similarities).
 Bianca (Another beauty), her mother (Mercedes, my sister, Sandra's youngest daughter, and her handsome beau, Tyrone. They look very nice together, like they're meant for each other.
 My favorite daughter, Elizabeth (Libby) [Biz to some].
 Chloe, my sister Jennieanne's little Yorkie. (Jennieanne is camera shy, so I respect her wishes).
 Bianca was the one who coaxed Chloe out of her box for the picture. Good job, Bianca!
 As much of the family as I could include without a wide angled lens. 

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey tim, after the service the other day I didn't get a chance to tell you that I checked out your blog. Just wanted to let you know that I like it and we will keep in touch. Have fun out there. By the way, love the pictures

    ReplyDelete