Monday, February 3, 2014

Adventure 121: Desert Shadows RV Resort, Phoenix, AZ/Post A

Long Term RV Park: Not Really Us.
Today, mostly a travel day, proved uneventful aside from the difficulties hooking up to the Tengo Internet. We arrived safely, navigated our way through the unfamiliar (As yet) system of freeways and side roads of Phoenix until we backed into site 270. After lunch, I made contact with a Tai Chi master who agreed to meet me. We met in a park not quite eight miles away from the RV park. He then spent nearly three hours with me (I was so excited, I forgot to get a picture). First, he watched my form. He then started "teaching". At one point he said that when the Chinese masters don't want to teach someone, they tell them "very good". He said that a few times, but mostly he kept moving from one point to the next (In truth, he gave me a lifetime's worth of work just today). He doesn't know me, though, so I remained focused and attentive until finally darkness encroached. He has a beginner's class tomorrow at the a college in town. He said he could sneak me in if I showed up. He said we could push hands before and after class for a little bit. I plan to take as much time as he is willing to give. One problem with these masters is that they most often require students to prove themselves worthy. We'll see if I can offer any proof in the time I have here. My lesson took most of the afternoon, and both Judy and I were famished. We discovered an IN-N-OUT burger not too far away. We called that dinner, and now we're just chilling in Frac. Today went by so fast, I didn't take but a few pictures (And those are less than exciting). Hopefully, we'll be back in full tourist mode tomorrow, but in now life is good, especially today. 

 Home Sweet Home, Phoenix Style.
You wouldn't believe how tiny Frac looks in this place. Nonetheless, it's our comfortable little abode.

No comments:

Post a Comment