Sunday, February 2, 2014

Adventure 120: Valley of the Sun RV Park/Post I

Checkout time at the Kralzona Hotel
We checked out of the Hotel Kralazonia after we helped Ginny and David clean up a little after the Seahawks drubbed the Broncos. David, a diehard Steeler fan turned Bronco fan because the Seahawks moaned and whined like pouty little teen girls after the Steelers drubbed them in their previous Super Bowl appearance. He hid his chagrin well, and even started cheering for the Seahawks when it became clear the day was hopeless for the Broncos. I think that was right after the center hiked the ball over Payton Manning's head. Though I'm not a real football fan, I am a sports fan in general, and I definitely root for the home team (Meaning I always root for the west coast over the east coast, etc.). However, I couldn't have imagined that the Seahawks would club, drub, and chub (A meaningless rhyme just for fun) the Broncos the way they did. I imagine there are some sorry sacks walking the back streets of Vegas right about now. I think Doritos won again for most endearing advertisements. I especially liked the time machine one. However, the puppy commercial Budweiser ran wins for most heartwarming. The cancer commercial Chevrolet ran wins for most heart jerking. The Yogurt commercial with the Grizzly bear wins for best background imagery (I'm in absolute awe in terms of how Madison Avenue can manipulate my psyche. Just imagine the power of the image of every food in the store trashed, crushed, and discarded as sub standard except for a glowingly healthy stand of yogurt. Stunningly good. On another level, it seems sad that in the face of Global warming, that the evening was dominated by automobile ads, including one that made it clear that America was still king of the car (Let those Asians put your phone together, etc. etc.) And isn't it a little disconcerting in terms of righteousness that Pete Carroll can be riding on top of the world when just a short five years back he snuck off the Trojan campus (Ala John Calipari) just ahead of the sanctions leveled by the NCAA for recruiting misdeeds. Of course, I'm on the verge of slanderous accusations now, especially since I live in a country where a man is innocent until proven guilty, but it does beg the question of why poor kids got drafted and rich kids went to college during Vietnam, WWII, WWI, The Spanish-American WAR, the Civil War, etc. Whoa, cowboy, get off that horse! We had a wonderful time visiting the Krals. Judy was able to renew and revive an old friendship (Who says we can't pass this way again?). I was able to explore David's world a little bit, and he mine. It was good because we're both seekers. Tomorrow, we're heading for Phoenix, still heading west. We'll take the back road for three reasons. First, we like it. Second, we're in no hurry. Third, we can, which means of course that life is good, especially today.
 I know the picture is dim, but so are the spirits of these Bronco fans. I snapped this shot right after they barked at us, "Hey, Seattle. Pipe down over there!"

 After their bark, Judy and Ginny responded as only confident women can (You husbands know what I mean).

No comments:

Post a Comment