Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Adventure 122: Desert Shadows RV Resort/Post B

Sadly, not a Tengo Internet tower.
I was a bit remiss not to brag about my own gratuitous righteousness, but since I won it's much easier to be gracious. I gave the wily cager a double or nothing offer for a winner take all match in the Tucson open. We didn't really get to play a normal tournament since we were hanging out at the Kral's, so I offered her a one game playoff (She took the offer-she's a wily one). The cribbage gods smiled on me, and I won the game, giving me a one match lead in the overall tournament. The wily cager was on her best behavior; no untoward moves were made, and she smiled that pretty smile of hers as she swallowed yet another defeat (I wish I was as gracious in defeat as she is). But life goes on.  We've played two games in the Phoenix open. The cager started out strong with a win in the morning session, but fell behind by one game as I turned her into a smelly skunk this afternoon. I lead 2-1. I spent about four hours counting commute time attending a Tai Chi class taught by David Block at Phoenix Community College. He was gracious enough to invite me. The class has just begun (For some), and the first hour of the class centered on an early (And essential) posture in the form. In the second hour, the returning students worked on postures that occur later in the form. Finally, David spent some time working with me on Pushing Hands. This man is a master, and not only are his skills advanced, he is also a gifted teacher. During the class, he made sure to address (And correct) each student. He called each by name, and walked through the class of about twenty, making sure to touch each one (Including me). I can only hope to reach a level such as David has reached, but remember, it's not a contest. The study of Tai Chi is subtle. Impatience is not rewarded, but daily practice with the correct focus, correct spirit, and proper guidance is. I'll just keep making strides as I am able. After I returned to the trailer, we tried to link up to TengoInternet, but after a long customer support call, we determined that we're in a place in this RV park that has no access to a strong signal. It must be partly because poor little Frac, though he is a silvery beauty, is so tiny among all these behemoths surrounding him. No worries, that is why we turned Judy's phone into a hot spot in the first place. On a fun note, we've made a dinner date with our niece, Tina (Valentine) Pitts. She's building a young life inside her ( Girl:)) this very moment. It's so exciting and to think I used to babysit her when she was just  a crawler. The circle of life is a source of constant amazement. We also made a dinner date (What else?) with Happy and Forey Hardt, old friends from Ritzville, Washington. They've been RVers now for about seven years. They land in Phoenix for a good part of every winter. We're making our way down the dance card. Hopefully, the other people we know in the area will be available. Tomorrow, we're going to take our first ride. We scoped out a trail that parallels one of the canals in Phoenix. It runs roughly north/south, and naturally the weather will be nice (Even if the locals are whining that it's cold: Psshaah!). On a ridiculous note. We made KimChee Soup tonight. It was really good. Both Judy and I agreed, but we kept saying, "Something seems to be missing; this tastes different than usual." Neither of us could figure it out until we did the dishes. Judy was putting the soup away in the refrigerator, and as she was making room, she discovered what had been missing. WE FORGOT TO PUT THE KIMCHEE INTO THE KIMCHEE SOUP. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? The good news is that we have quite a bit left, so when we add the KimChee tomorrow, it will taste like a wholly different meal. This is just more evidence that senility travels within groups, but no worries, even if we can't remember it, life is good, especially today.


 This giant Dutch Star borders us on one side.
 This big Montana covers us across the street.
 This big fella is right behind us.
 Yet another Montana sits right next to us.
 Even an open door couldn't help the signal.
 David Block making his way through the class.
 Can you see the gentleness in his spirit, and yet he inspires passion as you can see in the lady in the purple (Pam).
 One of the long streets in this RV park, which covers about five acres.
 We could catch a glimpse of the sunset through the big behemoths.
 I stood on Fric's bumper to give the illusion that the sunset was open. In reality, if I'd remained on the ground, all we would have seen is the pink glow of RVs.
Broth: check; Vegetables: check; Tofu: check; Tuna: check; Mushrooms: check; KimChee….aaarg.

No comments:

Post a Comment