Sunday, January 30, 2022

Adventure 693: Catalina State Park Revisited/Post A

We're all set up here in Loop A, Site 44, for the next thirteen days, and we've been so busy I haven't had time to write the blog. You'd think a guy would get tired of hiking, biking, and taking photos of cacti, but no. Saturday, I went into town to join a local Tai Chi group for their regular Saturday practice. There were about fifteen in the class, which was taught by Sifu Jordan Misner who is a long time student of renowned Grandmaster, Sam Tam. Jordan is the real thing, but even though they practice the same Yang long form, it's quite different in places from the movements I've studied with my teacher, Sifu Kelly Stewart. Nevertheless, the class was enjoyable. I merely placed myself in the middle of the group and followed along best I could. Today, we hiked six miles on the Fifty Year Trail. The morning was perfect for hiking, and in the afternoon, we invited ourselves to the Kral's to watch football, which isn't too much of a stretch given the fact that David Kral is an avid football fan. Part of the reason I haven't written a blog in two days is because despite what you may think, it's not all vacation out here. The last two days, we've had laundry to do, house cleaning to do, bike maintenance to do, and much ado about nothing in order to keep Fric and Frac in operating shape. I know, "First World Problems". Not to worry, we're ever so grateful that life is good, especially today.


Can you pick the one that's not a saguaro, a ocatillo, or a chain cholla cactus?
Peace shot of the day: The view from our campsite


Like I said, sometimes there are chores.
Fric and Frac nestled in site 44.
This prickly guy really has a big heart.
Art shot of the day.
Put up your dukes, mister.
Sifu Jordan Misner


No comments:

Post a Comment