Wednesday, January 12, 2022

Adventure 678: Catalina State Park/Post B

After less than month from my heart surgery things are progressing well. You know what they say, "Minor surgery is what happens to someone else." I can now agree. Today, we extended our walk in the desert to about forty minutes more than yesterday, and this afternoon we got on the bikes for the first time. We cruised about forty minutes. My heart rate didn't climb excessively, which encourages us to try for a longer ride tomorrow. Besides that, we're enjoying the weather, the cacti, the tweeting of the birds, and the occasional sighting of an elusive roadrunner. We feel fortunate to be among the other snowbirds down here. A fellow Airstreamer stopped by for a chat about batteries, solar panels, bike racks, you know, heavy political stuff. He just bought his Airstream, so I think he's chatting with any other owner he sees. It was quite enjoyable, really. Judy is busy trying to re-arrange our schedule for February. We had lined up a Hipcamp, but sadly, the proprietor contracted cancer, so he closed his business down. I believe in miracles so I'll add him to my prayer list. And really, not to worry on our part. We didn't invent this RV thing, and there are many options for travel trailers. We'll land somewhere. The best news aside from my consistent heart rhythm is that I'm $1.75 ahead of the Wiley Cager in this month's crib challenge. She's been pulling some Blog worthy shenanigans lately, so stay tuned. The bottom line is that life is good, especially today.

Nothing like an early morning stroll in the sand.
The desert seems extraordinarily verdant this year.
Miss Kitty awaiting the ride.
I wish the camera could capture the depth of color in the mountains.
My Bunny checking the news.
It's a wonder how such a harsh environment can contain so much beauty.
Selfie  1
Selfie 2
Friends of Catalina State Park erected this tile mosaic. Quite nice.

1 comment:

  1. Hello, Would like a bit more details than your blog offered on the heart thingy?? Send me a message direct when you have time....

    ReplyDelete