Saturday, January 22, 2022

Adventure 687: Lost Dutchman State Park/ Post F

During breakfast, on the first deal of the day, the Cager nearly woke up the neighbors when she howled, "I don't like it when you say Ooh, Baby!". You see I had thrown a pair of sevens into my crib. The Cager, unaware of this had thrown in an eight and a nine. A third seven was cut. If you know the game, you know I then scampered my way twenty-one pegs down the track. Nice lead for one hand. She whined like a Republican counting votes for the rest of the game. The cribbage gods must have been moved because I ended the game just two cents to the good. I'm up $.93 cents for the month with nine days to play. Hopefully, by the end of the month the Wiley Cager will be reaching for her wallet to buy me a delicious breakfast treat. Other than cribbage, not much happened today. The desert wind whistled down the mountain all day, buffeting the trailer like a nanny shaking a baby's tram.. At one point a gust lifted our awning, causing it to yaw in the breeze. I had to retract it for safety. We decided to stay in for the day. We watched Kentucky go down to defeat to Auburn in a college basketball game. Judy knitted while I worked writing my life story. At the end of the game, we braved the wind for a quick hour walk around the camping loops to see who our new neighbors were. We didn't introduce ourselves to anyone, although we did wave to a few people. Most everyone was holed up in their RVs, staying out of the blustery weather. In the afternoon, we cheered on the Cincinnati Bengals. Neither of us know that much about football, but the game excited us nonetheless. It was a good day to be fans, and glad we are that Frac is as comfortable as can be. And of course, we're grateful that life is good, especially today.


A sad day in Nashville. Notice my saguaro buddy out the side window.
A healthy chef salad for dinner.
The promise of a blustery day. I took this photo out the front window at 7 A.M. .
My Bunny knitting away.
The unsettled sky brewing. I took this picture out the front window at 7:15 A.M. No peaceful pictures taken today.

No comments:

Post a Comment