Thursday, January 27, 2022

Adventure 692: Kral Culdesac Overnight

As usual the day before we travel, I was too excited to sleep, so I got up at 4 A.M. quietly so as not to wake Judy. I began working on my life story, which I'm writing in case any of my progeny becomes interested. I know so little of my own heritage. I hopeful they'll want a first person account of what I know. And if they're not interested,  so be it. 

The night air at Lost Dutchman was cool enough to force our furnace to fire three times during the night. I think it got into the low forties. When I went outside to gaze at the stars, I was too late for most of them. Venus hung bright in the sky over the Superstitions, and to the West, the sliver of the new moon smiled. The amazing part was that the rosy fingers of dawn, while still some distance away, still caressed the sky with a gentle yellow. When Judy got up, we had our normal morning breakfast, cribbage, and planning for the day. The good news is that I skunked her this morning, which meant I recovered from her skunking me yesterday. The fickle finger of fate is so cruel (Just ask the loser). After breakfast, we took a last walk around the camp grounds just to stretch our legs. Then we pulled out, headed for Tuscon. We stopped in Florence, AZ for lunch, where we walked the historical downtown. Thanks to an invasion of private prisons, the town has tripled in size since 1997. I'm not allowed to talk about my feelings on the subject of incarceration, so I won't. We arrived in the early afternoon at our good friends, the Kral's where we'll park over night. Tomorrow, we begin a thirteen day stay at Catalina State Park. It's our favorite, so life is good, especially today.


The sliver of the new moon.
The beginnings of a blooming cactus. We're hoping to be in Arizona long enough to see the desert bloom this year.
Catholic church in Florence.


Judy and Ginny.
The court house in Florence.

Fric and Frac in the Kral culdesac.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment