Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Adventure 422: Fracless Day Twelve

Bunny Life is Good.
I drove with a purpose today. We left Las Vegas at 6:30 A.M. and arrived, 695 miles later, in Ontario, Oregon. The weather was warm and dry, the traffic was light or cooperative, and I had my Bunny at my side conducting business. She reactivated our comcast account, made an appointment for George with the Doctor, arranged for our stay in Ontario, and together we brainstormed our next course of action. Meanwhile, Leticia was handling George. He's always done well with bossy women, so Leticia wraps him around her little finger. Get this. Yesterday, she fed him Kale and parsley salad that she made from our garden. Dad said, "I don't eat lettuce." She said, "Great, this is Kale; it's way healthier than lettuce. Awhile later, she said, "George, how about some leg exercises?" He replied, "Can't you see I'm wiggling my toes." So, obviously, his spirits brighten when she's there. She gave him a massage with a lotion potion she made for him. She did his wash, monitored his shower, and scratched his back. Tonight, she said he felt like going out of his room to play bingo with the other Harvard Parkers. Whenever Dad would get his back up at her telling him what to do, TC would say, "Hey, I'm not the boss; I'm just following Vina's orders. I don't think he's quite back to being independent yet, but these are all good signs. If we're granted traveling mercies for another day, we'll be home by early afternoon. We laughed today at the notion of how lucky we were that we hadn't unpacked the truck. We simply took a 3,000 mile joy ride. I wonder what the unlucky folks are doing. At any rate, life is good, especially today.

Boot Camp report: No alcohol; only driving exercise; truck munchies: apples, grapes, cheese, bagels and peanut butter; an excellent Angus burger for dinner. Best of all, we've made a plan for "winter' boot camp when we get home.


 The Irish, who know a little bit about life's struggles, seem to have a solid perspective.
 And the Wiley Cager said, "At least I didn't get skunked."
 Small town eateries are notoriously average, but in Ontario, Oregon they serve home grown, grain fed Angus beef. This burger was excellent; the mushy fries not so much. In the spirit of Boot Camp, we left most of them behind,




No comments:

Post a Comment