Friday, January 5, 2018

Adventure 410: Prelude to our Fracless Adventure

Get Ready to Spin
We leave tomorrow on our drive to Phoenix where we'll spend the next three months, hopefully warm and happy. It all began because of our extended trip this past fall which brought us home mid November. I thought it too late to drag the trailer South, so we decided to rent a Casita near downtown Phoenix. In a way, it's an experiment to see if we like staying in one place. While it's not yet imminent, our window for trailer travel does have a closing date. We just don't know when that is, but as my buddy, Ed Drouin says, "The world is our oyster", which basically means we get to do whatever we decide to do. Pretty cool work if you can get it. It only took us thirty years to find this job. So, for now, Plan A is to arrive in Phoenix on Monday, January 15 in the early afternoon for check in to our little casita. In the meantime, we've penciled stops at Boise, Filer, Honeyville, Park City, St. George, and Tucson before arriving in the Valley of the Sun. In those nine days, we'll see Tim, Carissa, and Celia Ulmen in Boise; Gary, Loey, Andy (Hopefully, Lisa), Sarah Hooley, along with Tom and Pat Losser in Filer; a nice warm soak at Crystal Hot Springs in Honeyville; an overnight stay with my cousin, Douglas, in Park City, a couple of tourist days in St. George, and a weekend with David and Ginny Kral in Tucson. If all of this goes well in terms of traveling mercies, we'll be buoyed by the love of these good friends and filled to the top with positive energy by the time we get to Phoenix. Regardless, It sounds quite a bit better than slipping and sliding around in these freezing conditions here at home. Whatever happens, we'll still believe that life is good, especially today.

P.S. For me, Phoenix represents "Boot Camp". My goal is to become bicycle fit to the tune of 1,000 miles (Or More). I'm also going to willingly subject myself to the tenacious tutelage of my Bunny (However you define taskmaster), which basically means no alcohol, no obvious sugar, and a fleeting romance with carbohydrates. This Blog will report the gap between what I hope to accomplish and the reality of what my weak will really manages to muster. It will all be reported here, and on the days I fall short, I'll have believable excuses to offer. What fun!

1 comment: