Saturday, January 6, 2018

Adventure 411: Fracless Day One

Look! No Ice!
After a brief stop to check on my Dad, George, we were off at nearly the stroke of eight. The temperature hovered around freezing, but the roads were bare, mostly wet, and we were able to keep pace at highway speed. To our surprise, we traversed Deadman's Pass under clear skies, nearly fifty degree temperature, light traffic, and nearly stress free driving. In fact, I must say I would describe my mood as ebullient. Thank you, Lord, for traveling mercies. We checked into our AirBandB without incident. It's a lovely space connected to a larger home. I really can't see why anyone would take lodging in an old fashioned road side hotel. We took a short drive to Tim and Carissa's home, which timed perfectly to a just fed, just changed, and completely happy little girl named Celia, who spent the next hour or so entertaining us with her cute baby tricks. Tim shared a bit of his finest bourbon with me, and like all creative types, we talked art: in this case wood art. Compared to Tim (or his father), I'm a neophyte, but since they are by nature gracious, unassuming, and consistently kind, they make me feel welcome in their world. Dr. Pereda (Carissa) came home from a full shift at the hospital. We chatted until it was time to get Celia ready for bed. Judy and I then found an exquisite Vietnamese restaurant where we enjoyed a steaming hot bowl of PHO. What a day. We're now snuggled nicely in our space awaiting the Gonzaga game. What more could we want? 

Now, as for Boot Camp. I didn't fare well on the no alcohol pledge, but the top shelf bourbon was very nice (Best excuse so far). I also exercised my right foot all day by repeatedly, pressing and releasing pressure on the gas or brake pedal. I got a little arm work in when I hugged Tim and Carissa, and of course, my Bunny. The only success I had in terms of pledges today was to abstain from sugar, which I must tell you, I would have consumed had there been any nearby. 

So, I guess Boot Camp is off to an excellent start. At any rate, life is good, especially today.

 We stopped in Baker City for a pretty good old fashioned burger. This sign reminds me that I've entered a space where I can only discuss the weather.
 Bunny heading back to our night's lodging.
 If the season was right, this pleasant Zen garden would be welcoming.
 The bed.
 The couch.
 The powder room.
 Our snacks.

 Papa Tim and his precious Celia.
 Celia looks ready to go camping.
 Bella, still a pampered member of the family, but no longer at the head of the list.
 Kai, even younger, shows his need for loving.
 Clearly, this one gets much of the attention.
 Thanks, Tim. This is very good sipping bourbon.
 Hey, look at my mom!


1 comment:

  1. Looks like boot camp also included isometric exercise of face muscles, elbow bends, and intense digital workouts which we are glad to enjoy! Keep em coming, you brighten the proverbial Spokane grey dome which is holding nicely. The kids enjoyed your stop. Liz

    ReplyDelete