Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Adventure 381: Phoenix, AZ/Covered Wagon RV Park/Post C

This little family restaurant/bar is quite worth a visit.
Oh, my gosh, I have arrived! By that I mean I don't even know what day it is, much less the time. Wally Driscoll asked me what I did today, and even as I wracked my brain for neuron covered memories I could't for the life of me figure out the sequence. It is the best of times, as Dickens proclaimed. Forget about the worst of times (I think the Ostrich said). At any rate, we had breakfast. I nearly skunked the Cager (I love it when she wails, "At least I did't get skunked." Note to gentleman; it's easier to win if you lie and cheat. Thanks, Donald, I'll practice that). Then I ran an errand to refill the propane tank. I'm a belt and suspenders kind of guy. I like to be prepared like a Boy Scout. But then it was nearly eleven, and Judy still had't had her pedicure, so we found a spot, which by the way isn't hard in Phoenix, Nail spas literally exist in every strip mall. I waited in the truck, and very soon a shiny Judy came traipsing out. She fanned her shiny nails and did a rockettes kick to show me her painted toes. I almost withered like a teen boy on his first date, but I kept my powder dry enough to get us out of the parking lot. From there we drove to a private Tai Chi lesson I had arranged. It was excellent, and I laid a foundation for a more rewarding relationship next winter. Then our highlight was a viewing of the little Casita we'll be renting next winter. It's located in the historic Encanto district right in downtown Phoenix. It's small, smaller than we  could discern from the pictures, but it's advantages far outweigh its negatives. In fact, refrigeration space is its main drawback, and our solution will cost about $200.00=dorm room refrigeration/freezer. From our purely exciting view of our winter digs, we escalated the excitement with an evening with Wally and Mary Driscoll. Judy taught with Mary, and I've talked with Wally on social occasions. But tonight we connected like a rocket locking onto the space station. We talked kids, family, school, politics, traveling, dogs, country, flag, and commitment. Who knows what we'd have covered if we'd opened another bottle? Wally and Mary live in Phoenix in the winter, mostly because Wally's mother lives here, but also because Wally grew up here, and besides, who wants to be in the Pacific Northwest right now? In the summer they live at Priest Lake (Another reason we got along so well). We walked to a local restaurant (Really, the kind of low light, home owned dive bar I appreciate). We had an adequate dive bar dinner, more good laughs, and a promise of more events to come. Seriously, life is good, especially today.


 We'll be moving to this gated community. we'll park Fric either inside or out.

 The casita is a two room space (Former Garage). Judy is standing in front of the four burner gas range. The kitchen is equipped with almost everything foodies like us require including an ice maker, oven, microwave, coffee maker, and top end pans, cutlery, and cookware.
 The queen sized bed dominates the space, which makes sense since the marketing for this space is really more short term than we're using.
 There's a little eating space which doubles and triples as cabinet space, refrigeration, and drawer space.
 There's a high end TV, high speed internet, and a comfortable two person couch.
 The white door is a closet which can hold hanging clothes (And our dorm room fridge). It also houses the cleaning utensils.
 This armoire will hold the bulk of our clothes.
 The shower is quite luxurious (Not pictured is the large shower head).

Perhaps best of all is this outdoor space, which is private and includes table, a space heater, a BBQ, and enough space for Judy to grow a few vegetables in pots. All in all, it should work.

No comments:

Post a Comment