Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Adventure 599: Morro Bay State Park/Post D

This is Living, Dewie.
It started off as a wonderful day. Warm sunny skies greeted us as we headed off on our twenty mile bike ride. We traveled the beach front to visit the bakery and the otters. The otters were floating serenely, but alas, the bakery is closed Mondays and Tuesdays, which means we'll have to delay ourselves for another day. Surely not the life we spoiled Americans have accustomed ourselves to. Nonetheless, off we went on our bikes after standing amazed at another of God's creatures, the otters. It's arguable that bay otters live quite the good life as well, maybe better than us spoiled humans. We ate lunch at the Mexican place in downtown Morro Bay. It's quite good. Then we headed for our highlight of the day, a hot tub soak at the Sycamore Resort in Avila Bay. We arrived a little early, and decided to have a drink on the beach. That's where I discovered that I didn't have my credit card. I think I lost it yesterday when we washed the truck. Grrrr! So now, we've decided to lock the card in case we put it in a pocket somewhere. It's quite morosely funny that in our haste to save a couple of car wash quarters, we've caused ourselves this administrative grief. Fortunately, we carry two different cards, but I can tell you, I'm not liking this turn of events. I had hoped to write tonight about the notion of hopeful non-violence. Right now I'd like to smash something (Quite non-violently, of course) to smithereens. I really hate it when the stupid finder points right at me, but not to worry, I'll pout like the fully formed spoiled adult I am until after I've consumed enough bourbon to percolate a little bit of amnesia, and then I'll probably knock my forehead on a cupboard door, or do something else as cosmically demeaning. That'll do it. I"ll be better then. In the meantime, i must say our soak in the private "Luna" tub at the Sycamore Resort was quite relaxing, and I must say, too, this first world problem notwithstanding, that life is still good, especially today.


 Emily, always thinking. I always tell her, "Smart girls rule."
 Sarah, always talking. Her good cheer will hold her in good stead, I do believe.
 I was especially interested in the top rule. Really?
 Bellying up to the bar. Cheers. Let's toast to "Stupid".

 Out at the mouth of the bay, there were thirty or more Otters.

 Avila Beach pier, a long way to nowhere. 

 Falcon says, "Chill out, Pop Pops."
Private tubs, all fed by the naturally hot mineral water, dot the hillside.
 The Luna tub.
Sawyer says, "Pop Pops, let's go! Leave that sad sack behind."

No comments:

Post a Comment