Tuesday, February 11, 2020

Adventure 588: White Tank Regional Park/Post E

Just start walking
In keeping with this idea of what the good life entails, I realized today that I'm so very fortunate to have choices and the wherewithal to make those choices reality. For example, today I chose to take Fric to the Toyota dealer for an oil change and a check up. The checkup surfaced the need for replacing the rear brakes, the serpentine belt, all of the filters, and a cleaning of gunk from the throttle mechanism. I remember in my youth, when I didn't have two nickels to rub together that my options were limited.  I still have limitations. For example, I'm not in the market for 644 million dollar hydrogen powered yacht, but Judy and I have several attractive options. We've been discussing our "God willing" list for the future. We've decided that next year will be our last year touring in Fric and Frac. We've decided to hit all of our favorites places including lists in Ohio and Kansas. In two years we'll begin our "renting" phase. The first year, we plan to rent something  in Tucson. We've also tossed the idea of a venture overseas, perhaps New Zealand or maybe a canal tour in France, or maybe a winter trip to the Australian Open. It's fun to be able to consider the world our oyster; it's even more fun to bring plans to fruition. We've managed to realize quite a few adventures so far, and God willing we'll get to do more. Regardless, what I realized today is that I'm so very fortunate to have choices that clearly make life good, especially today.

 Last night's rain freshened the desert. Quite stunning, really.

 I saw this crusty guy along the trail. You gotta love "Found Art".


 Since i didn't get back from servicing Fric until 3:30, I could only hike part of the Mesquite Trail. Tomorrow, I'll finish the loop by adding Willow Canyon as well.
 Selfie of the day.
Saguaro of the day. Imagine being over 200 years old. What tales you could tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment