Wednesday, February 12, 2020

Adventure 589: White Tank Regional Park/Post F

15.6 mile loop
I chose a double diamond hike today. I succeeded. At hike's end I'd walked 15.6 miles in a tough circular route hat began and ended at the trailer. It was a bit dicey when I took a couple of off route ventures. Thankfully, when the trail got hard to follow, I found myself in the company of an experienced man and his wife who were looking for a place to repell off the canyon. With his help, I finally made my way to the main trail. In the meantime, some nasty sticker trees slashed my arms, which bled in streaming rivulets for awhile. Eventually, I found the main trail and made the hike in five hours. No worse for the wear, I'm gratified I could complete the journey. Along the way I received several photos of young Falcon and one phone call from the home where my father lives. It turns out he has been involved in petty theft. He was found in possession of another man's wallet. In his defense, he has lost his wallet since he's been in this home, so maybe he's looking in other people's rooms to find his own wallet. In any event, It was a nice diversion for me as I metaphorically traveled the rugged rocks of the trail.  Regardless, I achieved my hiking goal today, George wasn't arrested, and I'm surely glad that life is good, especially today.

 Selfie of the day. Hoorah!

 Saguaros of the day.
 Puff, the Magic Dragon.
 An abandoned dam way up the Ford Canyon wash.

 Several big rock shambles, a near fall, and two off trail excursions.


 This arrow, obvious on the down slope, would have benefited from a right angle left and up, which is the direction I finally took after scrambling up and out of the wash only to be severed by cactus trees.
I was so happy I brought my cane.

No comments:

Post a Comment