Saturday, February 15, 2020

Adventure 591: Mojave Narrows Regional Park

Great One Night Stop.
Six hours of I-10, I-215,  and I-15 driving from Phoenix to Palm Springs through San Bernardino to Victorville, California found us safely here midst a full campground of mostly thirty-forty somethings with  their kids fishing, partying, bike riding, baseball playing, football throwing, music playing, beer drinking life love. Everyone is having a good time on the President's weekend. I do feel that I'm among the President's folks, but due to my complexion, my humble demeanor, and my lovely bride, I can hide in plain sight among these red hats. The highlight of the night was the crew of dads, sons, uncles, and other beer drinkers who brought their football to play catch with the train engineers who had stopped just behind the campground to synchronize track usage. They stayed for about ten minutes. In the meantime, the crew threw the football, quite accurately I  might add, to the engineers who stood on the catwalk of the engine. Suddenly, the engineers said, "We gotta go." The train chugged off. Not ten minutes later, a train on the same track from the opposite direction flashed through. This campground, full to capacity for the weekend, seems full of party like groups. They've embraced the trains, of which at least eight have trudged passed since we got here four hours ago. It's all good, all American, and all California Fornication as the Chili Pepper's music blasts from somewhere close by. Truly, life is good, especially today.

 Just great American fun.
 Live rail: Two trains an hour twenty-four hours a day. Let's rumble.
 Selfie of the day: Cheers.
 This guy said, "Except for the trains, this place is paradise.
 This chomping little Cager snuck one over on me. Grrrrr!

No comments:

Post a Comment