Sunday, December 22, 2013

Adventure 78: Potter's Creek Park/Canyon Lakes, TX/Post D

Sunday breakfast
We joined the Canyon Lake Baptists for the early service this morning. We found them warm and friendly just like their counterparts in Corpus Christi. After church, we spent most of the rest of the day in the trailer (A first). Judy had a touch of a sore throat caused most likely from our duck walk around Wimberly yesterday. I cooked our traditional after church Sunday breakfast (Fried potatoes with peppers and onions, an egg, and today, a piece of bacon). Sometimes I cook pancakes, but usually I fill the kitchen with the smell of fried oil. I've also had a return of the crook in my back, which is both annoying and painful. Judy has been giving me the treatment (Elbow and heel) but to no avail. So mostly we watched football (We're in Texas after all), but we didn't get to watch the Seahawks because the New England/Baltimore game was inserted into their time slot. In a way, lounging around the trailer was relaxing, although I did take a longing peek over at the bike leaning against the picnic table. The worst news of the day (For me) was that the wily cager has taken a 7-5 lead in the Potter's Creek Open on the strength of another smelly skunk. I still think the cribbage gods like me better than her, but they certainly have been giving her a boost as of late. My fans (I know you're out here) needn't worry because I'll make her sit with the sun in her eyes tomorrow morning, and then I'll blow smoke (Verbal) in her direction, and lastly, I'll say, "It's my crib isn't it?" That should distract her long enough for me to insure an advantage. To give Y' all a hint of just how much we have slug baited the day away is our FitBit total for the day is 1724 steps (Slightly under our goal of 10,000). I did take some time to look at old pictures. Enjoy a few of my favorites because they remind me (And maybe you) that life is good, especially today.


 Friends (The Ulmen's) smiling like they do.
 Brother-in-law Rod contemplating moving to Priest Lake.
 Cousin Douglas catching the big one at Priest Lake.
 Our daughters Libby, Angela, and Leticia (Three hotties) ready for a night out.
 Friends (Deb and Liz) sharing the asparagus.
 Daughter Elizabeth way back then.
 Son Steve, daughter Elizabeth, and me.

 Granddaughter Sarah (Princess #2).
 Granddaughter Emily (Princess #1).
 Grandson Sawyer (Prince #1).
 Family Williams (Steve, Bonnie, and the Princesses).


 "Skiing" on the Eagle.
 Mother (Angela) and son (Sawyer)
 Mother (Judy) and daughter (Leticia)
 Sisters (Karen and Judy)

 Sisters (Miss Jane and Judy)
 Friends (The Drouins') smiling like they do.


 Kel Babe (Gadget in hand) and Judy.
Life is good, especially on the St. Joe.

No comments:

Post a Comment