Wednesday, February 15, 2023

Adventure 814: Day 37/Tucson/2023

Getting ready for the day's hike, I was getting a fresh pair of socks. I mistakenly opened the drawer Judy had her socks in and low and behold there was the box of soft peanut brittle wrapped in its pink tissue paper that Deb gave us for Valentine's Day. Judy was commissioned to hide it so I wouldn't eat it all in one sitting. As I got in the car, I said to her, "You'd better find a better hiding spot for the brittle." Of course that led to much Tim bashing--Poor little Timmy. I make no apologies for my sweet tooth. I'm unconscionable when it comes to sugar in any form except spoonfuls from the jar. It was a laugh, but it didn't go unresolved. All that was left when I checked the drawer after the hike was an empty swath of pink tissue paper. Ha! In other news, Ed was hike leader today. He chose a 4.3 mile loop originating at the Signal Hill trail head. The weather was cool (51), but the sky was blue bright with blazing sun, very little wind, and early into the hike we were glad of the temperature. It's fun to have a crew of friends here, and things will only get better when the Coble's arrive tomorrow. Clearly, life is good, especially today.


The hill must have been favored by the Indians because it's speckled with petroglyphs.

Liz, ever curious, opening the flower top of a barrel cactus just to see what was on the inside.

Deb and Ed assessing one of the saguaros.

Art shot of the day: Viewer's choice.


Obligatory cactus panorama photo.


My dream is to make art all day.

A lady from Michigan caught the whole crew.


Pre-dinner cocktail: Eegees and tequila. I'm sure rum or vodka would work as well.


I could have snitched a piece, but Judy always knows which means diminishing returns. Sadly, this wrapper is all I have until she breaks out the rations.



Deb says, "Eat the brittle; it gets mushy soon after it's opened."


Who knows where we'll go tomorrow?



No comments:

Post a Comment