Monday, January 30, 2017

Adventure 337: Bisbee, AZ/Post B

This is the real Judy around 5 A.M.
Judy commented (Quite alternative factly, I thought) that we are living a "fake life". I pinched myself, shimmied a little, and checked everyone of my hard earned injuries. Each of them reported in with an appropriate amount of pain. I felt them definitely-right here, right now. There was nothing "fake" about it. So, I respectfully disagree with my Bunny. For example, we actually walked 17,847 real steps today, which totaled a legitimate 6.8 miles, and we scaled 45 floors. The floors were surely real (There isn't a flat road in Bisbee). And the mountain trail we scampered up pitched itself upward at about eighteen percent. Near the top, all of my life time injuries began wailing in chorus (As they usually do), and I'm sure I heard my Bunny ask, "do we really have to go all the way up to the cross?" But Judy's claim got me thinking. What is real about this life we live. I think I've found the answer (At least in part). It's clear that we really, really love to eat. In fact, it could be said we live to eat. Really. Wherever we are, our radar is tuned to excellent eats. In that regard, Bisbee is top notch. This morning, we shared a breakfast burrito; lavishly smothered with a delicately flavored green chili sauce. We added a zucchini, carrot, raisin muffin to munch on as we waited for the burrito to be prepared. Then we did our hike because we have to exercise to earn these calories. We then rested for a while, and took another walk around town to look at the houses which perch off the sides of the hills like earrings on a dance hall girl. That, of course, earned us lunch, so we ordered a home made meatloaf sandwich from the Cornucopia Cafe, which we took to go, and enjoyed back at our comfy table in Frac accompanied by a crisp, sweet apple we bought at Trader Joe's in Tucson, and washed it all down with a ice cold Stella Artois. Clearly, our real life is eating. Tonight, we'll enjoy the rest of this exotic curried cauliflower dish Judy made a couple of days ago, and tomorrow morning we're going to try out a savory oatmeal recipe we found that is cooked in chicken broth, garnished with green onions, green chilis, and a fried egg. And then, to top off our stay in Bisbee, we're going to the Thuy Noodle Shop for dinner tomorrow night.  Oh, and we'll probably enjoy a gelato some time tomorrow. So when my Bunny says we're living a "fake" life, I ask her. Don't we always think about food wherever we are, whoever we're with? In fact, I would submit that while dining with friends or family, the table talk often surrounds what we'll eat next. Fake or not, life is food, especially today.


 You can't take a bad picture in Bisbee. The place oozes art.
 A small, tasty muffin.
 This beyond excellent burrito is worth coming to Bisbee all by itself.
 Hot rod of the day.
 The homemade meatloaf, an inch and a half thick, surrounded by nine grain bread was excellent. We've eaten in three local spots here in Bisbee. All have been worthy.
 Selfie of the day.
 See that cross up at the top. That's how we earned the calories.
 This house had so much art attached to it, I thought maybe the whole thing was a canvas.
 The town of Old Bisbee as seen from the top of the trail.
 The view on the other side: The Lavender Pit copper mine.


 Tai Chi figure.
 Fish eye view of the Copper miner.
That's really my bunny strolling down the lane.

No comments:

Post a Comment