Friday, January 20, 2017

Adventure 327: Catalina State Park/Post I

The Wililams' (Kagele)
"...this American carnage stops right here, right now...the time for talk is over, the time for action begins..." And so it begins, the administration of of Donald J. Trump (1459 days and counting). I hope to be wrong more. I predicted that Donald Trump would gloat. He didn't. I also predicted he'd spew a litany of vague campaign like promises. He did. He also took a slicing swipe at John Lewis, and he showed great restraint in the use of the personal pronoun "I' (Three times). What struck me most besides his dismal uninspiring view of the state of the country was his total lack of humility. I should expect nothing less. I don't personally ascribe to his intense nationalist and populist viewpoint, but as an American I'm to be represented by this man. He truly believes that he will do so well that people like me will be forced to come on board. I'm not there yet. Maybe my convictions will prove as faithless as men like Paul Ryan. Who knows? I can simply watch and wait. I still hold to the notion that we'll be up to our bottoms in alligators come summer. Time will tell. Meanwhile, Judy and I hunkered down for most of the dreary drizzly day, although we did manage to get in a 2.2 mile walk before the winter weather draped its frosty fingers over us. By tonight, predictions call for more than two inches of rain, winds up to seventy miles per hour, and another heavy slosh of winter weather. We tried to console ourselves with the soma provided by Hollywood, but even that proved bittersweet. This afternoon, we once again took advantage of the cheap hour. We saw La La Land, which successfully transported us into a Hollywood dream world. Unfortunately, we were left with a not quite happy ending. Maybe that's what life is. I know this. I take much solace in the happiness I can find. I find it my family. I find it in my friends. I find it my present circumstance, which by the grace of God finds me fat, warm, safe, and happy. In this I live a life that is good, especially today.



 Ben and Bonnie
 Steve
 Leticia
 The grand kids
 Libby

Angela and Sawyer
 Sarah

Emily
Sawyer

Me and my Bunny

1 comment:

  1. Warm greetings and love to you both!! Just keep smiling and know that "Life is good, especially today!" (Our tomorrow is not to worry about if we live the best we can today!)

    ReplyDelete