Saturday, January 21, 2017

Adventure 328: Catalina State Park/Post J

No fording the stream today.
It rained and howled, just like the weatherman said it would. The wash flooded, just like the rangers said it would. Those campers planning on leaving the park today were trapped until early afternoon. Despite the considerable skill of the heavy equipment man, it took him four or five hours of constant earth moving to make the wash passable. Nature is truly awesome if not down right strange. Speaking of strange. I remembered my dream from last night (Usually they fade into the gray mist). In this snippet, former President Obama drove up in his rusted out Nissan (His car in the recent movie biopic about he and Michelle's first date). I was stranded there next to my lime colored Nash Rambler. He took me to downtown Chicago where we had lunch. Somewhere along the line, Barack left to glad hand the locals, and I was whisked to jury duty, which I willingly accepted because it's my civic duty, but after more than twelve hours they cancelled any need for us. I went ballistic at the waste of time! They arrested me. And who would bail me out. Michelle Obama, who had returned to her lawyer practice after a time of being First Lady. As I was leaving the courthouse, a bailiff who looked much like Donald Trump (Complete with pasted yellow hair swept back into a crude duck tail), chased me down. He grabbed me by the shoulder, to which I snaked my arm and hand around his out stretched arm, tangled my foot in a small circle around his ankle, stepped it back to cause him a loss of balance, and ever so gently pressed his face into the ground. It was then Judy came back for an extra morning snuggle (Even more fun than vicariously taking "The Donald" down). Wow! What would the psycho-babblers have to say about that? After a scrumptious breakfast of Apple-wa;nut pancakes and an egg, I beat the Cager in a game of crib. Then, trapped as we were, we watched basketball all morning, did the form, walked about four miles, and as soon as the road was clear, left to do the wash at a small Laundromat about ten miles from the park. Chores must be done on the road, but our reward will be a fine Mexican dinner at one of the local Taco joints. Life, while a bit strange, is quite good, especially today.


 Good advice.
 About twelve trailers were waiting to exit the park. It took awhile.
 Truly unwise to enter. The water was raging: strong current and surprisingly deep.
 The down stream look at the trailhead crossing.

 Fish eye of the day: Up stream view.
 This ranger showed exceptional skill with his machine.
It appears that a whole hillside collapse from the water pressure. Wow!

No comments:

Post a Comment