Saturday, June 11, 2016

Adventure 282: Swamp Living/Post G

    
There they stood on a hand woven wedding rug in a sacred space devoid of external decoration. It seemed as if they wanted to present themselves naked (figuratively, of course) before God as they begin their new life together into the  vast unknown. Especially present was their balance between love and devotion, which began with the opening procession in which the participants proceeded from the side aisle to meet as one in front of the altar. There they stood basking in the warmth of their community receiving blessings from their parents, assurances from their pastor, and palpable good wiil from their friends and family. Even in the final song, a little ditty about being "my sweet honey bee", the dominant feeling was that of spreading love. As Henry David Thoreau wrote as an opening line in his poem: 'Great God',
Great God I ask thee for no meaner pelf
Than that I should not disappoint myself.
I don't think God is disappointed with these two. In fact, I'm sure they're part of the reason that life is good, especially today.
I'm so glad you're my sweet honey bee.
I love you, brother.
I love you, friend.
I love you, Grammy.
I love your singing.
I love you Aunties.
I promise to love you.
I promise to love you, too.
I love this moment.
With this ring, I thee wed.
With this ring I thee wed you, too.
With love, we share communion.
Everybody loves a party.
The knot is tied.
Miss Kim's sweet cake. (Miss Jane, dressed in yellow roses, is taking a few licks of the frosting--who in heaven cares about the 42,450 calories?).
In the love of God's blessing.
Go faithfully forward to eternity and beyond.

No comments:

Post a Comment