Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Adventure 217: Covered Wagon RV Park/Phoenix, AZ/Post U

Our normal breakfast.
The first thing that happened this morning was the Wily Cager tricked me into switching sides of the table putting me on the unlucky side, but even then I thought I was OK. I had a nice sixteenie (Enough to win). The Cager was quite a ways out (Or so I thought). The next thing I knew she had pegged a dozen, filled in a double run for her own sixteenie, and won the game before I even had a chance to count. I moaned, "That's so disappointing!" And you know what she did? She laughed out loud and sarcastically responded, "Oh, really?" People may think that the Cager is a little sweetie pie, but I'm here to tell you she is a viper, a poisonous viper with a bite that stings. Luckily, her win merely tied the Phoenix Open with five days to play. Now that I've been reminded that she has a competitive streak, I'll have my guard up even higher. The rain that kept us inside yesterday abated, so we ran a couple of errands, and then we got on the bike. We broke the ten mile mark, riding for nearly an hour at a fairly nice riding speed (About 12 MPH). Judy's leg is progressing nicely. The bike riding seems to bother it less than walking does, but all in all, she's pretty happy with her progress three months after surgery. If she keeps improving, I'll have to find a different nickname because Stumpy just won't describe her accurately. Maybe it will be Gloatface or Rasberrynose. We'll see, but most likely it will just return to Honey Bunny. For us, it's all fun and games, and if you could have seen her belly laughing at my innocent comment, you, too, would realize that for us life is good, especially today (Photos below are a summary of sorts recounting our time here in Phoenix). 

 
 Judy catches the dawn every morning.

Our month of instruction proved effective, especially in showing me how much more there is to learn.
 We ate at least three of these delicious Mole Burritos made at the Atoyac Cafe.
 Home Sweet Frac. Site #40.
 We got to spend a couple of nice days with Jim and Rita Valentine.
We got to meet Anne Marie Pitts (Jim & Rita's grand daughter).
 We took a great trip to the historic mining town, Jerome.
 We watched the sunrise from Dobbins Lookout.
 There's Phoenix way down there.

 Judy got to hang out with her good friend, Happy Hardt.
Happy fed us this delectable shrimp salad.

 This is Forey Hardt's (Happy's husband) RV Park ride.
 The view from Happy and Forey's front yard.
 We spent some nice days with Judy's cousins.

 We (Maybe just me) spent some joyful days watching high school basketball.
 We experienced as much desert beauty as we could find.
 We ate as many good dishes as we could. And best of all, we have five days left to enjoy this place. Life is good, especially today.


No comments:

Post a Comment