Tuesday, September 22, 2020

Adventure 628: Franz Dome/Post B



We embraced the full day here in Franzland. After a pleasant breakfast, the team split up. Karen, Judy, and I moseyed down to the Douglas Center for a couple of lively hours of pickle ball. Karen and Judy played inside, while I tried my hand with the "big dogs" outside. I used to play quite a bit of pickle ball twenty years ago. The rust showed to the point i could barely hit the ball in the beginning. I did manage to settle in by the end of the morning, but I've got a few muscles twinging in fear that I'll try a replay the act sometime soon. I will, but not tomorrow. Tomorrow I'll go with Rod to Newton to work on repurposing clothing for the Mennonite Relief Fund. At noon, I walked with Rod around the city park with his friend, Mike. They walk together every Tuesday, and they graciously let me tag along today. I logged 10.5 miles today all tolled. After lunch, Judy and I did the form and worked with the "sticks". I showered. We did laundry. And Karen, Judy, and I took another little saunter before dinner while Rod was away officiating a middle school volleyball game. So it goes here in Franz land. Not a dull moment to be had. Even in the down times, Karen and Judy busied themselves with a puzzle. I busied myself sorting and deleting some of the photos of our adventures. I also enjoyed a nice tour of Karen's garden which is always a pleasant treat. Her space provides a peace that's welcome in these tumultuous days. Oh, and I saw my first Biden/Harris sign, which while faint, provides some small hope for a return to sanity. I'm sure we'll end the day with a card game after dinner, and even if we don't life proves to be good, especially today.

Karen changes this diorama frequently.
Many are familiar with "Little Library" exchanges. This is a seed exchange: cool.
Sanity, please.
The back yard expanse.
Flowers and vegetables, take your pick.
Gotta love the barn motif.
Flowers, flowers everywhere.
Some hang off the wall.
Puzzle trouble.


We're staying up until this thing is finished!
More color.
Falcon photo of the day: Cool man!



No comments:

Post a Comment