Wednesday, September 16, 2020

Adventure 622: Challis Not So Smoke Light



With last night's temperature dropping to forty-two degrees, a perfect sleeping night ensued, after which in keeping with her trailer routine, my Bunny started her day at five. Her routine includes a cup of coffee, a devotion, a reading of the Spokesman, a journal entry, and a little knitting. She curls up under a wool throw blanket, puts the electric heater on low, and just generally enjoys being her. Meanwhile, I roll over, engulfed among the pillows, and wake up usually around seven. This morning Judy came back for some additional snuggle time ( a treat for me), so I didn't get up until eight. There followed a game of cribbage during breakfast, which today included Costa Rican style coffee, semel, oat bran, and a titch of fruit. I managed to best the Wiley Cager this morning, although she won at noon. It was quite a bit smokier today than yesterday, so we walked the grounds instead of biking. I soaked in the tub a couple of times. We did the form, practiced with the sticks, and enjoyed BBQ chicken, sweet potatoes, zucchini, and a salad for dinner. On the list of things we forgot to put in the trailer was a ration of wine, so water it was, of which there are still five plastic gallons on the floor of our garage. The joys of aging know no bounds. In the late afternoon a van full of middle school kids came to practice on the cross country course. The meet will be held Saturday. I was in the midst of doing my afternoon form when they sprinted back to their van. A seventh grade girl yelped at me, "Is that Yoga?" Not stopping my movements, I replied, "No, it's Tai Chi  Chuan." She replied, "CooL" About that time two of her friends sprinted in. They asked, "What is he doing? The first girl said, "Yoga." I laughed to myself, thinking that's what I loved most about seventh graders. They are up front and real, but lack life experience. This little girl had nothing to connect Tai Chi to, so she connected it to what she had heard of-Yoga-which clearly she has little understanding of either. You just have to love seventh graders. The make life good, especially today. 

Falcon photo of the day.
Dinner on the Barbie.
The view from our window.
Oldest outbuildings on the property.

We walked most of the cross country course prepared for this weekend's race.

Art shot of the day.
A local warned us about snakes on the road, so my Bunny took the middle ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment