Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Adventure 178: Morro Bay State Park/Post B

Hey, Jonathan, quitting hitting on my girl.
We spent a restless night. Stumpy's uncomfortable knee bone was connected directly to my sleepless in California bone. Good thing we don't have anything to do in the daytime, which meant I caught up with an extra hour this morning and Judy caught up a little this afternoon. Not to worry. Our day was filled with the kind of go go activities that people of our ilk indulge in. At eight-thirty this morning, we drove over to the crescent beach to watch the King Tide waves crash in. They appeared to be about eight feet high. Then we caught the morning light along the board walk. The highlight of our mid-day was a lunch date with our across the street neighbors in Spokane, Paul and Niece Schafer, who are taking a three week driving vacation down the California coast. As native Californians, they not only enjoy the sun, but they have good friends sprinkled all along the way. We ate at Frank and Lola's Beach Cafe down on the waterfront in Morro Bay. It was delicious, and what a treat to enjoy dining outside with friends in the warm winter sunshine. For fun, we checked the weather in Spokane: freezing and dreary, which is what we all expected. Paul and Neice, who came to Spokane to go to Gonzaga, have lived across the street from us for as long as we've lived in our house. Fortunately for us and our neighborhood, they settled in Spokane instead of moving back to California. We wished them well as they headed toward Santa Barbara. After lunch, Judy rested while I went to the local bike shop to change the pedals on the tandem so that as soon as she can ride, she can do so without clipping in. Before you know it, she'll be trying to steer the tandem from the stoker seat. And then suddenly, the sun was slipping into the ocean, so we scampered over to catch the sunset. We sat in the glow thinking it was another pretty good day. On a cribbage note, the gods have favored me so far (I have no sympathy, empathy, pathos, ethos, or eros for her (Well, maybe eros), and I will try to beat her like an old rug as often as I can (Obviously, my competitive nature has mellowed with age, but Lord knows it's a work in progress). Finally, NOW that Judy told me to pull my tongue out of my cheek (I think that's what she said), I can thankfully say that life is good, especially today.


 Yesterday, this view was a sandy crescent.

 What a cutie!
 Sun up; sun down.
 Paul and Niece.
 Judy ate Cobb Lettuce Wraps with Chicken, Bacon, and Avocado
 I had a Turkey and Stuffing Sandwich on Sourdough. California expensive, but yummy nonetheless.
 Cool car shot of the day. Restored inside and out.
 Art shot of the day.

 Steady as she goes, Stumpy.


No comments:

Post a Comment