Monday, January 20, 2014

Adventure 107: Faywood Hot Springs/Post A

New Mexican Secret
To begin with, the fecklessly fickle fates intervened to snatch victory right from my clutching hands. The Bunny and I had agreed on a two out of three match in El Paso, which I won 2-1. However, the low tire light came on again, so we had to delay our departure while the Costco tire monkeys repaired the leak. It took an hour and a half, so we walked to the nearest Starbuck's, crib board in hand. I graciously offered to extend the match, to three of five. Judy spanked me twice- so hard it left me trembling like a kid so skinny he could tread water in a hose. I'm not sure I'm over the tremors yet, since she has won three matches in a row making the overall contest a tie. Woe is me; I feel like a blubbering forty-niner player on the plane ride back to Frisco. The tire was repaired by noon (We were at Costco when they opened at ten-the boys work at a leisurely pace), but no worries, we were on the road by one and arrived at Faywood Hot Springs (The best kept secret in New Mexico) about three thirty. We have power, water, five air TV channels (Including two Spanish and one International). Our campsite is level, though a bit dusty, and we have a covered awning. There are seventeen natural hot spring pools (six must be rented privately) spread our around the property.  They are fenced, concrete, clean, and the temperature ranges from 101 to about 107. It's rustic, but what more can a hot water loving guy ask for, I mean half of the pools are clothing optional! We just returned from our first soak, and we plan to take another so we can enjoy the stars twinkling over the desert sky. Best of all, we have four bars of 3G, so Judy's hot spot works. I must say, life is good, especially today.


 Though seemingly innocent to the untrained eye, this is a suspiciously wily cager maneuver, 
 Mexico yonder. We had just passed through a check point. The border patrolman asked, "Are there any passengers in the Airstream?" I replied, "No." He concluded, "Have a nice day."
 Bridge abutment art in Deming, New Mexico.
 Alien metal art welcoming visitors at the hot springs.
 Frac's home for a few days.
 One of the pools reserved for overnight guests only.
 I chose one; Judy chose the other.
 I love the bare knee; just the right amount of seductive innocence. Not bad for a plaster statue.
 Life is good.
 But heaven is still in north Idaho.
 Just another ebbing day in the Southwest.
 The steamy Bunny.
 Art shot: Prickly Pear Cactus Plant (Say that quickly three times).

The view from our living room near sunset.

No comments:

Post a Comment