Friday, September 15, 2023

Adventure 886: A View from the Perch/18

Yesterday, Judy and I ventured to the lake for our annual fall overnighter. The day was warm, though the wind was absent. We motored to Beauty Bay and tied up to our favorite buoy. Not a minute too soon as two rather large pleasure boats joined us for the night by tying up to the other two buoys. The night was clear. The temperature dropped from a high of 80 to just above 50 by morning. Around midnight we got up and stargazed for a while, which provided extra fun because we happened to hit the moon cycle in full darkness. Still, there was more ambient light than I expected, which did very little to diminish the magnificence of a star filled sky. We enjoyed dinner, played cribbage, but I can't remember  who won. I was too busy babbling philosophical minutia to Judy. I think I was thinking ( I could have been dreaming) that if I don't know what I don't know, how much effect can that have on my current reality? And how do I even know that I don't know what I don't know? I was doing my best to make it a romantic cruise. Judy was mesmerized, her eyes fluttering like a debutante. She looked at me in that way she does when she's happy for me, but doesn't really understand WTF I'm talking about. She would never be so vulgar, but suffice to say, my philosophical musings must have felt like music and candle light to her ears. Needless to say, we enjoyed our Davy Boy experience, and I'm here, once again, to say, "Life good, especially today."


Not a lick of wind, but the travails of my motor seem to be in the wake.



It takes fifty-three minutes steaming at 4.6 knots to cruise from the yacht club to Beauty Bay.



The water was delightful, although my Bunny decided not to partake.



One of our neighbors settling in for the night. He kept his anchor light on all night, which is correct by the book. Its brightness negated a little bit of the starry sky.



Judging by this grin, maybe it was Judy who came out on top.



It got a little chilly towards evening, but the stillness of the bay is always something to enter into with joy.



I hope we didn't wake our other neighbor as we motored out this morning.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment