Monday, September 11, 2023

Adventure 885: A View from the Perch/17

As it's my favorite time of year, I watched the rosy fingers of dawn rise out of the cool shadows this morning. I'm always pleasantly amazed this time of year. It seems Mother Nature simply turns the page from blazing hot summer to crisp fall, which she allows us to enjoy what we call around here, "Indian Summer". I don't know the origin of the phrase, but hopefully I'm not going where "woke" goes to die. Rather, life moves apace here at the Perch. We enjoyed Judy's birthday, which we celebrated with Kevin Glover who shares the day. I took fellow residents, Craig and Karen Barsuhn, sailing. We enjoyed a near perfect day: good wind, good weather, good company, and good beer. What more could a poor boy want? I also started school at Whitworth for the fall semester. I'm taking a philosophy class called Knowledge, Power, and Propaganda. I graduated from Whitworth 43 years ago, so it's kind of surreal to be back in class, and Oh, My, the young instructor has us reading some heavy thoughts, most of which are eclectic gobbledegook. Right now we're contemplating two issues: One is Descartes question of whether we're dreaming or not, and the other is how to determine the most effective way to build a world view that can stand up to challenges to our belief system. Quite fun, and scrubbing the rust off my gray matter makes life good, especially today.


Birthday kids with their traditional carrot cake.



Craig and Karen Barsuhn.



I took my Bunny out for birthday dinner at the local Sushi joint.



These soft shelled crabs we're delightful.



Craig, waxing eloquently on something or another.



Selfie of the day: Me, the luckiest guy on the planet with my birthday Bunny.


First day of school photo, and as I say, "I may not be good looking, but I'm looking good."

No comments:

Post a Comment