Thursday, August 10, 2023

Adventure 876: A View from the Perch/15

For me, alotta vibes start humming around anniversary time. Anne and I married on 8-21-71, which would be 52 years in ten days. Judy and I married on 8-12-89, a total now of 34 years, twice that of my time with Annie. Yet, I have real love for both of them. I relish Anne's memory, and I'm grateful to spend each day with Judy. I'll tell anyone, "I'm the luckiest guy on the planet." This year I surprised my Bunny with a trip to Quinn's Hot Springs, a place we hadn't been to in at least 25-30 years. It was rustic thirty years ago; now it's operating as a Five Star resort. The updates and the improvements over the years served to enhance an already magical space. I would recommend today's version to anyone. The service is friendly and competent; the pools are magnificent; the dining at the Harwood House passes muster quite nicely; Our well appointed room served up a cluster of night stars, a bottle of wine, a nice bed and a deck overlooking the Clark Fork river, which served as the venue for this morning's game. The Wiley Cager has been having her way with me for some time now. I do wish she'd choose a different method. Anyway, as you all know, life is good, especially today.


I took Judy to the sight of our first date.
 

We stood up front at the altar just  a few steps off center to the right. Judy's elbow brushed mine and the most pleasant bolt of electricity passed through my body. The rest is living history as they say since we've been sparking ever since.

I do love to relax in a hot tub.


The last time we were here there was just one large pool medium warm. Now there are six pools  of varying temperatures including a cool pool. We spent most of our time between the 101 degree pool and the 105 degree pool. I highly recommend Quinn's, especially for getaway "dates".


Judy about to enjoy her mixed game meatloaf. The gravy:  a fabulous reduction. Grilled broccoli and creamy mashed potatoes. Very rich.


Portobello mushroom stuffed with wilted spinach, whole and halved cherry tomatoes, smothered with mozzarella, and baked. Included as sauce was a honey, cashew, parsnip blended into a loose dipping sauce. Pesto added wings. Really fun to feel the burst of a warmly sweet tomato. Yum! And of course! Dive the spoon into the creme brûlée. 

The sight of the Wiley Cager's recent carnage.. I'm eager for a change in fortune if you please.


Art shot of the day: Down Scope from the Fourth Floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment