Sunday, August 6, 2023

Adventure 875: A View from the Perch/14

Met up with a "Trigger Song" in church this morning. You know the one that blurs your eyes, tightens your neck, and sends trickles down your cheek. Along with the message that God both gives and takes away, I found myself suddenly overcome with an 'Annie' event. Every so often I'm overcome with her memory. Today, the song Blessed Be Your Name brought her up through my heart, up through my neck, up through my throat, and washed herself out through my eyes. As I listened to the guest preacher make her point that God sometimes blesses us in ways we don't expect, and sometimes gives and sometimes takes, I found myself feeling the sadness of Anne being taken from me. At the same time I found myself grateful sitting next to Judy who was then given to me. It was a powerful morning. I'm not triggered as often as I used to be. They say time heals, so maybe 35 years, 27 days qualifies. Walking to the car after the service holding Judy's hand, I knew that not only am I the luckiest guy on the planet, but I also know that life is good, especially today.



August 21, 1971. First committed love. Unfathomable loss.



Just last week at The Perch. My Bunny still smiling after 34 years.


Sometimes the Lord blesses us in unexpected ways.


Thank you, Jesus.







No comments:

Post a Comment